ST. LOUIS CHURCH 68633 C Street, Cathedral City, CA
SERVING THE CITIES OF: CATHEDRAL CITY, RANCHO MIRAGE & THOUSAND PALMS
Rev. Luis A. Guido
In February 1948 St. Louis Church was formed by our founding Pastor, Rev. Joseph Leissler. At that time, Mass was celebrated in different homes by Fr. Leissler because there was no church building to call home. On May 23, 1948 the first church building was obtained. An old military hospital ward measuring 150’x30’ which was divided into three sections. One section became the church, 2nd section was the parish hall and the third section became the Rectory (priest residence). On February 10, 1949, Bishop Charles T. Buddy of the Diocese of San Diego, dedicated and blessed the newly established St. Louis Church.
In April 1973 groundbreaking ceremonies for the “new” St. Louis Church and Rectory were conducted by Bishop Leo T. Maher of the Diocese of San Diego. Construction began in May of the same year. On March 3, 1974 the newly completed St. Louis Church was dedicated and blessed by Bishop Maher.
The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (ss.cc.) have staffed St. Louis Church since 1981. Previous ss.cc. priests include: Fr. Patrick Crowley, Fr. Ed Casey, Fr. Paul Murtagh, Fr. Gary Peters, Fr. Pat O’Hagan, Fr. Michael Brooks, and Fr. Michael Maher who retired in February 2013. Fr. Roberto Agustin Barco, although not a member of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, served as Parochial Vicar also until February 2013.
Fr. Arnel Macabio, MS from the Religious Community of the Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette was sent to St. Louis Parish as temporary Parish Administrator. His term ended in June 2014.
Currently, Rev. Luis A. Guido is serving as our Parish Administrator and Rev. Anthony C. Waturuocha is our Parochial Vicar.
MISSION STATEMENT Saint Louis Church is united through diversity, love, the word of God and the Eucharist. We welcome everyone to worship with us and to be part of our faith community.
MISION DE LA IGLESIA
La Iglesia San Luis esta unida por medio de la diversidad, el amor, la palabra de Dios y la Eucarístia. Le damos la bienvenida a toda persona a dar culto con nosotros y a ser parte de nuestra comunidad de fe.
The Diocese of San Bernardino works in partnership with 94 parishes in Riverside and San Bernardino counties of California to provide for the spiritual welfare of more than 1.2 million Roman Catholic faithful.
We work always to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to all persons and all places in this vast and diverse diocese.
Auxiliary Bishop Rutilio del Riego
Bishop Gerald R. Barnes
Saint Louis, King of France
Feast Day: August 25th
Office Hours...Horas de Oficina
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Lunes a Viernes
Closed from...Cerrado de 12:00 to 1:00 PM
Fr. Anthony C. Waturuocha is a priest of Ahiara Diocese, Nigeria. His parents: Desmond and Bridget are blessed with 7 sons of which Fr. Anthony is number 3. He was ordained on the 9th of August, 2003. He served as parochial vicar in some parishes for 3 years before being appointed the pioneer Pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish, Oboama - Enyiogugu where he worked for 6 years. He was also a chaplain and teacher in Mater Ecclesiae Seminary and a high school in his home diocese. In 2012, he entered St. John's University, Collegeville Minnesota for graduate studies. In the Diocese of San Bernardino, he served briefly in Loma Linda University Medical Center as a chaplain and at St. John Church in Upland.